Communications Assistant Job Description
This Communications Assistant job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Communications Assistant:
- Help implement communications strategies
- Provide administrative support to programs as well as internal teams
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. publications, press releases, social media posts)
We are hiring a qualified Communications Assistant for our team.
What does a Communications Assistant do?
A Communications Assistant writes and edits a company’s branding information and provides administrative help to its various programs and teams. The ultimate goal is ensuring that a company’s message is clearly communicated across all online channels.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have exceptional verbal as well as written communication skills. In addition to that, you must also have experience with basic administrative tasks and social media marketing.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Helping us in developing and implementing communications strategies
- Providing administrative support to company’s ongoing programs as well as internal teams
- Drafting and editing internal and external communication articles (e.g. publications, press releases, social media posts)
- Maintaining appointments and calendars
- Preparing reports and presentations
- Tracking projects as well as media exposure
- Facilitating effective in-house communications
- Assisting in executing social media strategies and maintaining web content
- Update media lists and databases on a regular basis
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Communications Specialist, Communications Assistant or a similar role
- Experience working with MS Office and design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience with a content management system (e.g. WordPress)
- Sound knowledge of digital media strategies and media relations
- Proficiency in English along with excellent writing and editing skills
- Exceptional researching skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude