HR Onboarding Specialist Job Description
This HR Onboarding Specialist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of HR Onboarding Specialist:
- Create clear policies as well as employee handbooks for explaining company operations
- Craft and send comprehensive emails to new hires with information related to the organization and position (e.g. work schedules, parking options, dress code etc.)
- Prepare onboarding kits, such as stationary, mugs and T-shirts
We are hiring a qualified HR Onboarding Specialist for joining our HR department and helping new employees in adjusting to our workplace environment.
What does an HR Onboarding Specialist do?
An HR Onboarding Specialist communicates company and job details to newly hired employees, schedules the initial days of employees and gathers necessary paperwork. The ultimate goal is to organize the onboarding procedures of a company and facilitate the new hires in every aspect.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a flair for meeting new people along with a sound knowledge of HR practices and labor legislation.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Creating clear policies as well as employee handbooks for explaining company operations
- Crafting and sending comprehensive emails to new hires with information related to the organization and position (e.g. work schedules, parking options, dress code etc.)
- Preparing onboarding kits, such as stationary, mugs and T-shirts
- Distributing manuals, guidelines and passwords as needed
- Addressing the queries of new hires regarding their payroll and contracts
- Informing new hires on their initial tasks (e.g. activation of accounts and programs to install)
- Ensuring technical assistance for properly setting up the hardware/software of new hires
- Gathering and processing paperwork (e.g. NDA and contracts etc.)
- Welcoming new hires and giving them a tour of the office
- Introducing new hires with team members
- Coordinating product demos and company presentations
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Prior experience as an HR Onboarding Specialist
- Experience with HRIS and MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of all HR processes (e.g. recruitment, onboarding, training, talent management etc.)
- Sound knowledge of all labor regulations
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Experience with resume databases and ATS
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills