This Communications Assistant job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Key Responsibilities of a Communications Assistant
- Help implement communications strategies
- Provide administrative support to programs as well as internal teams
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. publications, press releases, social media posts)
We are hiring a qualified Communications Assistant for our team. You will work closely with members of the communications team to ensure the smooth execution of communication strategies and initiatives. This is a great opportunity for a detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
What does a Communications Assistant do?
A Communications Assistant writes and edits a company’s branding information and provides administrative help to its various programs and teams. The ultimate goal is to ensure that a company’s message is clearly communicated across all online channels.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have exceptional verbal as well as written communication skills. In addition to that, you must also have experience with basic administrative tasks and social media marketing.
Communications Assistant Responsibilities
- Helping us in developing and implementing communications strategies
- Providing administrative support to the company’s ongoing programs as well as internal teams
- Drafting and editing internal and external communication articles (e.g. publications, press releases, social media posts)
- Maintaining appointments and calendars
- Preparing reports and presentations
- Tracking projects as well as media exposure
- Facilitating effective in-house communications
- Assisting in executing social media strategies and maintaining web content
- Update media lists and databases on a regular basis
Communications Assistant Requirements
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism, or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Communications Specialist, Communications Assistant, or a similar role
- Experience working with MS Office and design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience with a content management system (e.g. WordPress)
- Sound knowledge of digital media strategies and media relations
- Proficiency in English along with excellent writing and editing skills
- Exceptional researching skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude