Help Desk Specialist Job Description
This Help Desk Specialist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Help Desk Specialist:
- Provide initial contact by suggesting solutions to customers’ issues
- Escalate unresolved issues to higher level support
- Identify, track, route and redirect problems to relevant persons/departments
We are hiring a qualified Help Desk Specialist for joining our company and providing timely as well as accurate technical assistance to our customers.
What does a Help Desk Specialist do?
A Help Desk Specialist acts as the front liner of a company by providing support and solving basic technical issues. The ultimate goal is ensuring the customer satisfaction by providing quality and timely support.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Providing initial contact by suggesting solutions to customers’ issues
- Escalating unresolved issues to higher level support
- Identifying, tracking, routing and redirecting problems to relevant persons/departments
- Utilizing customer service qualities for exceeding customers’ expectations
- Ensuring proper documentation, recording, and closure of customers’ issues
- Recommending modifications as well as improvements in procedures
- Preserving and growing knowledge of company’s products/services as well as help desk processes for ensuring quality services
- Updating customers’ data and also producing activity reports
- Walking customers through the problem-solving procedure
- Following up with the customers, providing feedback and seeing problems to proper resolution
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Help Desk Specialist
- Experience with help desk databases and remote troubleshooting procedures
- Sound knowledge of help desk systems as well as best practices
- Customer-oriented attitude with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills