File Clerk Job Description
This File Clerk job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of File Clerk:
- Check incoming paperwork (e.g. invoices, correspondence etc.) and make copies prior to distributing
- Create financial records and regularly update them with new information
- Sort all papers according to alphabetical order or significance, content, dates etc.
We are hiring a responsible File Clerk for joining us and undertaking all file management duties.
What does a File Clerk do?
A File Clerk organizes paperwork, digitalizes important documents, protects and updates files and makes them accessible to everyone. The ultimate goal is preserving the important records of a company and properly managing its paperwork by implementing an efficient filing system.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be detail-oriented, organized and reliable to handle confidential data. In addition to that, you must have extensive experience with computer systems along with a sound knowledge of data protection procedures.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Checking incoming paperwork (e.g. invoices, correspondence etc.) and making copies prior to distributing
- Creating financial records and regularly updating them with new information
- Sorting all papers according to alphabetical order or significance, content, dates etc.
- Monitoring inventory of office stock (e.g. paper clips, files etc.) and reporting shortages
- Following confidentiality dictations and policies for safeguarding information and data
- Developing an efficient filing system for easy upgradation and retrieval of files
- Dealing with requests for accessing files and keeping the record of borrowed files
- Entering paperwork into electronic systems either by optical scanners or manual data entry
- Storing paperwork in specified places with special attention to information security
- At least a High School degree; additional relevant certification is a plus
- Prior experience as a File Clerk
- Experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Experience with office equipment (e.g. scanner, photocopier etc.)
- Reliability and confidentiality
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Problem-solving skills with a keen eye for details
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills