Data Entry Clerk Job Description
This Data Entry Clerk job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Data Entry Clerk:
- Transfer data from digital sources or hard documents into database systems or computer files using keyboards, optical scanners and data recorders
- Type costumers’ data as provided by them
- Create accurate and organized spreadsheets with huge amounts of data
We are hiring a Data Entry Clerk for joining our team and undertaking our data entry operations.
What does a Data Entry Clerk do?
A Data Entry Clerk types information into databases from digital sources and paper documents. A Data Entry Clerk reports to a Data Manager and ensures that a company’s databases are fed with accurate as well as up-to-date data and are easily accessible to everyone.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be computer literate and detail-oriented with fast typing skills. In addition to that, you must be well aware of all data confidentiality regulations.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Transferring data from digital sources or hard documents into database systems or computer files using keyboards, optical scanners and data recorders
- Recording customer data as provided by them
- Creating accurate and organized spreadsheets with huge amounts of data
- Sorting and organizing paperwork after data entry for ensuring its safety
- Performing regular backups for the purpose of ensuring data preservation
- Retrieving data from electronic files or databases as requested
- Updating existing data on a regular basis and verifying data by comparison with source documents
- At least a High School degree; additional relevant certification is a plus
- Prior experience as a Data Entry Clerk
- Experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel and MS Word
- Experience with databases as well as spreadsheets
- Sound knowledge of computer peripheral devices and office equipment such as optical scanners, printers etc.
- Reliability and professionalism with a patient attitude
- Fast typing with a keen eye for details
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills