Administrative Assistant Job Description
This Administrative Assistant job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Administrative Assistant:
- Answer as well as direct phone calls to relevant persons
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and also take detailed minutes
We are hiring a responsible Administrative Assistant for joining us and undertaking various clerical and administrative tasks.
What does an Administrative Assistant do?
An Administrative Assistant maintains proper filing system, prepares reports, makes the meeting and travel arrangements, assists in daily office needs and provides support to employees and managers by performing all administrative duties. The ultimate goal is ensuring that all daily operations of a company remain smooth and efficient.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have the ability to efficiently use all office equipment and software (e.g. MS Office) for executing all day-to-day tasks. In addition to that, you must also possess excellent verbal and written communication skills along with strong work ethics.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Answering as well as directing phone calls
- Planning meetings and also taking detailed minutes
- Organizing and scheduling appointments with admin software
- Liaising with Senior Administrative Assistants for handling queries and requests from Senior Managers
- Acting as the contact point for internal as well as external clients
- Maintaining contact lists and booking travel arrangements
- Submitting and reconciling expense reports
- Providing support to the company’s visitors
- Updating and maintaining office procedures and policies
- Ordering office supplies and also researching new suppliers and deals
- Assisting in the development of scheduled reports
- Developing and maintaining an efficient filing system
- Writing and distributing emails, letters, faxes, forms and correspondence memos
- At least a High School diploma; additional relevant qualification is a plus
- Prior experience as an Administrative Assistant, Personal Assistant or other similar secretarial position
- Experience with MS Office, especially MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- English proficiency
- Experience with office equipment and systems (e.g. printers, fax machines etc.)
- Excellent multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Sound knowledge of office management procedures and systems
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills