Production Supervisor Interview Questions
The Production Supervisor interview questions given in this template will help you in hiring the most suitable candidate for this job.
What is the role of a Production Supervisor?
Production Supervisors are responsible for overseeing the activities of a production unit to ensure that quality products are produced in a timely manner. They manage the machinery operators and workers working in a production facility and also resolve any problem/conflict within the facility. That’s why the candidates for this job role must possess sound technical knowledge of all processes along with an understanding of Human Resource and Management practices.
The role of a Production Supervisor is of immense importance to a production unit hence only the experienced candidates must be considered for this job. During selection, prefer the candidates who have past experience related to the products of your company. In exceptional cases, you may also consider the candidates having experience in some other field, only if they have good supervisory skills and strong technical aptitude. You can provide on-the-job training to such candidates after they have been hired.
Along with supervisory skills, the candidates must have leadership and communication skills. They should be fast thinkers and problem solvers, so as to quickly deal with the unforeseen circumstances at a production facility. To assess the candidates for the above-mentioned qualities, we have put together the following Production Supervisor interview questions. In addition to these questions, you can also present them with hypothetical scenarios and see how they would react to them.
Operational and Situational questions
- Suppose your team does not act according to your company’s regulations. What would you do?
- Suppose the workers are not adhering to your instructions, resulting in poor quality production. What will be your reaction?
- What would you do if the workers are not using safety equipment during their job?
- Suppose two of your team members keep fighting with one another, hence affecting the environment of the unit. How would you resolve the issues between them?
- How would you handle troublesome or undisciplined workers?
- Suppose one of the workers is always late at work. How would you deal with him?
- What are the qualities a supervisor should possess? Do you have all of them in you?
- Working in a production facility can be boring due to its repetitive nature. How do you keep your workers motivated for performing to their best?
- How do you incorporate six-sigma while production?
- What do you know about lean manufacturing?
- How do you ensure the quality of production? Are you familiar with the principles of quality management?
- How do you prepare work schedules? Which software do you use for this purpose? Are you familiar with Primavera and MS Project?
- What is the maximum number of employees you have ever supervised in your career?
- Have you ever increased the efficiency of operations by implementing a unique strategy?
- How do you build teams for executing specific tasks?
- How do you deal with rude and disruptive workers?
- What do you do in case a worker doesn’t perform satisfactorily?
- How did you meet the production goals while supervising in your last job?
- Have you ever made an unpopular/difficult decision? How did you enforce it?