Marketing Consultant Interview Questions
These sample Marketing Consultant interview questions will help you assess candidates’ skills during your recruitment process. You can modify these questions to meet your specific needs.
Operational and Situational questions
For an in-house consultant
- Tell me about your previous experience of working in a team. What was your role?
- What do you know about our products? Have you ever used them?
- Do you know is our target audience?
- What should we do to increase our market share?
For a consulting firm
- How do you think your previous experience will help you in this position?
- How do you prioritize your work when working with different clients but all with strict deadlines?
- What points do you include in your presentations?
- What sector or brand do you want to work with and why?
- Tell me about your experience in marketing.
- What do you know about market segmentation and market analysis?
- Do you have any experience of working with statistical analysis software? Name the tools you use.
- How are SEO and content marketing related?
- Do you have any experience in mobile marketing?
- Between Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, ebooks, and blogs, which one would you choose to engage more customers?
- What do you know about the process of positioning?
- If you are asked to launch a new product within 2 months, what tactics would you use?
- Tell me about a marketing campaign you have worked on that failed. What was the reason for its failure and what did you learn from it?
- What do you do when a client disagrees with your suggested marketing strategy?
- Tell me about a project you are most proud of and why?