Graphic Designer Interview Questions
Use these sample Graphic Designer interview questions to identify qualified candidates. Modify these questions to fit your job requirements.
For an in-house Designer
- How have your designs helped a brand in client engagement? What types of designs did you make for them
- How do you keep your interest going when you have been designing for the same brand for a long time?
- Do you have experience of presenting your work to shareholders
- What approach do you use to make yourself aware of the brand, when a new project is assigned to you?
For an agency Designer
- Rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 on creating apt work for a huge range of customers.
- We work with a number of clients, how comfortable are you with short deadlines and multi-tasking
- Share about your experience of interacting with clients.
- If asked to represent your agency at a public event? What would you do?
- What were your responsibilities in this projects?
- What was your approach when creating this design?
- How comfortable are you working with a team of designers?
- Show me your favorite design in the portfolio.
- Were you given any reference to this project?
- Tell me about your most successful design project. What type of results did it achieve?
- Who are your favorite Graphic Designers and why?
- How do you stay upbeat with the latest techniques and tools?
- Tell me about your previous team. What type of designing projects you have handled
- What preparation do you do before presenting your work to customers or shareholders
- How do you respond to negative feedback or criticism?
- What does your research involve when starting a new project?
- Tell me about design challenges you face and how do you overcome it
- What type of designing work you find most enjoyable?
- How do you manage project deadlines?