Security Guard Interview Questions
The Security Guard interview questions given in this template will give you an insight into what to look for in the candidates while interviewing them for this position.
What is the role of Security Guards?Security Guards are the primary staff responsible for safeguarding and protecting your premises, assets, and personnel. Although the position of a Security Guard doesn’t require any specific academic credentials yet many employers prefer to hire those candidates who have some sort of formal training or a high school diploma in related field. The most important thing to look for in the candidates is their past experience with security systems. Candidates must have the basic knowledge of using modern information technologies and operating computerized security systems such as CCTV surveillance system. First Aid and CPR certification are also desirable. Along with the technical knowledge, the candidates should be physically fit and should have good problem-solving skills. They must have the ability to take quick decisions as most of the time they have to deal with unforeseen circumstances. They must be quick while addressing emergencies. Above all, they must be ethical and honest. To assess the candidates for the above-mentioned qualities, we have put together the following useful questions. These questions will help you in the selection of the best person for the job of Security Guard.
Operational and Situational questions
- What are the basic responsibilities of a Security Guard according to you?
- How familiar are you with computers and modern technologies? Rate your knowledge on a scale of 1 to 10.
- What are the usual surveillance practices? What systems are used for them?
- In your opinion, what is the best way to control large crowds at events? Have you ever done so?
- Suppose a senior executive or any other authorized person tries to enter the building after working hours without proper credentials. Would you allow him? If not, how would you stop him?
- Suppose you have to perform routine security tasks for some guests on the first floor but suddenly you receive an emergency call from the sixth floor. What would you do?
- Describe the procedure you followed for admitting guests at your previous job.
- Do you have the basic medical training necessary for saving a life in case of some emergency?
- Suppose you find one of your colleagues neglecting his duty and sleeping during the job hours. What would you do?
- Have you ever had any physical danger in your job? Have you ever felt like it? What did you do to overcome the fear?
- How do you prevent theft or vandalism incidents? How would you react in case they happen?