Janitor Interview Questions
The following set of interview questions will help you in profiling and apprehend the personality and capabilities of candidates for the role of Janitor.
Jump to section:
What is the role of a Janitor?
The role of a Cleaner or a Janitor may seem simple, however, his duties extend far more than just maintaining the general cleanliness of the work organization. More often the duties encompass skills that require a generous amount of prerequisite training. Any organization needs to take its needs into account and structure the questions in a manner that truly evaluates what any candidate is capable of. You might require for the custodian to have a basic knowledge of machine operations, using chemical cleaners, compatibility of different cleaners for different surfaces etc.
Assess your candidates for a few basic qualities such as reliability, honesty, motivation, and attentiveness. The following list will help organizations evaluate their candidates’ experience and capabilities for the role of a Janitor.
Operational and Situational questions
- Describe your relevant responsibilities for a previous work organization.
- Which part of the Janitorial work do you despise or that leaves you frustrated?
- What is your motivation every day when in a tiring and dull job such as this?
- If a problem occurs beyond your scope of minor repairs, what would you do?
- Which types of machinery have you cleaned before?
- Which aspects of your previous work endeavor did you admire?
- In the event, one of your coworkers is found stealing from the company, how would you act?
- Elaborate on how you have handled criticism on your work in the past.
- Would you feel distracted while cleaning around other people?
- What qualities do you wish to see in your manager?
- What is your routine regarding the maintenance of your cleaning equipment?
- Elaborate on how well you handled a problem when you’re in charge was indisposed.