Web Developer Position Overview
Web Developers design, code, and improve online applications and web pages. The candidates who attend relevant seminars and stay up-to-date with current industry trends will stand out. Make sure you shortlist the one who is active in technical forums and like to engage in side projects too.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Designing Skills
- Development Skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- In-Depth Knowledge of Website Development
- Experience in working with open source software and development.
- Certifications in attending workshops and hackathons.
Have a look at these web developer interview questions that will help in gauging the skills of the candidates.
Computer Science Interview Questions
- What is CORS? How does it work?
- Define MIME type. What is it used for?
- What is the advantage of HTTP/2 as compared to HTTP 1.1?
- Explain why positioning JS <script>s just before </body> and CSS <link>s between <head></head> is considered to be a good approach?
Role-Specific Interview Questions
- Which programming language do you like the most and why?
- What are the tips that can be used to decrease page load time?
- Name the user interface and security principles that you consider while building an online application or website.
- How can you refer a CSS file in the web page?
- What is the difference between cookies and local storage?
Behavioral Interview Questions
- How did you troubleshoot a code when a program you developed didn’t run?
- How do you stay updated with latest technology developments?
- Describe a recent fun project that you’ve worked on.