Technical Support Engineer Position Overview
Technical Support Engineers play a pivotal role in the smooth running of a company. These professionals are responsible for maintaining and monitoring an organization’s computer system and network. Their primary tasks may include:
- Installation and configuration of computer systems
- Diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Logging customer queries
- Evaluating call logs to spot trends and underlying issues
Qualifications to look for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
Skills to look for:
- Logical thinking
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Up-to-date technical knowledge
- In-depth understanding of the software and equipment
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
Gauging the required expertise and skill is not that easy unless you have the right questions to ask. Hence, we have compiled an astute assortment of interview questions to lead your way to the right candidate.
Operational and Situational Interview Questions
- What are the primary functions of BIAS?
- Are you familiar with our products? What are our most common customer queries?
- How will you deal with a customer who claims that the website is loading too slowly?
- Name few help desk tools, which facilitate client communication.
- Can you tell by what means you would access the Recovery Control in Windows?
- Mention the remote desktop tools you have used so far.
- What do you find most interesting in this position?
- Are you familiar with any ERP Software?
- What is the process of a successful customer problem resolution?
- What kind of customers have you faced till now?
Behavioral Interview Questions
- Have you ever been through a situation when a customer blamed you for somebody else’s mistake?
- Have you ever encountered any unique customer issues? How did you handle this situation
- How do you keep yourself updated with the trending technologies?