This Staff Assistant job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Staff Assistant:
- Schedule appointments and meetings
- Organize and maintain employee records
- Update internal databases such as entering new hires information
We are hiring a Staff Assistant for joining our HR department.
What does a Staff Assistant do?
A Staff Assistant assists employees with their projects on a regular basis and ensures all departments of a company run smoothly by undertaking various administrative duties.
In order to be successful in this position, you must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills needed for collaborating with employees belonging to various departments. In addition to that, you must be passionate about helping people, organizing work and providing effective administrative support.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Scheduling appointments and meetings
- Organizing and maintaining employee records
- Updating internal databases such as entering new hires information
- Distributing informative materials to company employees (e.g. safety guidelines, brochures, announcements etc.)
- Preparing conference rooms before meetings (e.g. check equipment, make reservations etc.)
- Checking office supplies and also placing orders as needed
- Making staff’s accommodations and travel arrangements
- Retrieving employee and company data as needed
- Answering the queries of employees and forwarding them to HR team as needed
- Preparing necessary documentation for the daily company procedures
- At least a High School diploma; additional relevant qualifications are a plus
- Prior experience as an Administrative Assistant, Staff Assistant or a similar role
- Sound knowledge of all HR and office procedures
- Experience with computer systems, especially MS Office
- Experience with usual office equipment such as fax machines, printers etc.
- Sound knowledge of all labor laws
- High degree of professionalism with the ability to collaborate with different managerial levels
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills