An SQA (Quality Assurance) Engineer is involved in software design, writing source code, control of source code, reviewing code, configuration management, change management, program testing, integration of software, and release management process. Testing software quality is a huge challenge often because every test is associated with the end-user experience.
Tech recruiters love the idea of how a curated Software QA Engineer job description simplifies their hunt for a 'smart' candidate. Here we go.
Software QA Engineer Job Description
We are hiring a Software QA Engineer who can develop testing programs to troubleshoot database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, bug retests, or usability.
Candidates must be fluent in performing software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
Certifications from CAST, ISTQB, CSTE, or CSQA will score brownie points.
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degrees in computer science, software engineering, or information technology (nice to have)
- Deep expertise in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Prioritize the code stage and pull request stage of the SDLC
- Integrate strategies like DevOps, CI/CD into SDLC
- Fluency in Jira to address critical issues
What a day in the life of a Software QA Engineer will look like?
- Knowledge of test tools like Selenium, Eclipse Test Framework
- Perform test automation, and utilize test automation tools for efficiency
- Utilize test tools while developing and promoting advanced usage techniques to include (e.g., scripting, defect tracking, reporting)
- Expertise in scripting languages like Python
- Manage the lifecycle of production tools for virtual reality
- Supervise the creation of functional test scripts for all the products
- Create and execute test plans and work with the Automation team on defining the automation test plans for new products or enhancements and also for existing products
- Report regularly on all QA activities, including progress on specific milestones, defect counts and patterns, resource participation, and overall project status
- Prepare Master Test Plans and QA sign-off the document for Agile/waterfall projects
- Conduct testing for data-intensive critical applications
How can Glider AI help you with Hiring a Software QA Engineer?
Glider’s recruitment platform is built on the mission, of “competency over credentials”. This way, you can make the most of the hiring assessments through a structured and data-driven candidate-evaluation process.
Glider AI's Unique Features
- Conversational Chatbot for Talent Screening
- Interactive, coding-enabled skill tests
- Powerful candidate analytics
Discover Hiring Resources for Software QA Engineers
- Hiring a Software QA Engineer
- Software QA Engineer Interview Questions
- Software QA Engineer Skills Test
- How to hire a Software QA Engineer
Access 2,000 pre-built assessments covering over 500 skills with 250,000 questions, all validated by 2,000 SMEs including this for the Software QA Engineer role.
Go ahead and spotlight your Software QA Engineer with Glider AI today!
You can always write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you access the hiring resources.