This Social Media Specialist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Develop and execute social media marketing strategy through accurate audience research
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content for the purpose of increasing brand awareness
- Set up and optimize company pages for increasing the visibility of social content
We are hiring a qualified Social Media Specialist for attracting our target audience and virtual communities and also interact with them for increasing brand awareness.
What does a Social Media Specialist do?
A Social Media Specialist participates in social media conversations on a company’s behalf, and also “soft sells” its products by providing assistance to current and potential customers. The ultimate goal is to ensure the effective use of social media for achieving increased customer engagement and website traffic.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have sound knowledge of social media marketing and content optimization methods.
- Developing and executing social media marketing strategy through accurate audience research
- Generating, editing, publishing, and sharing daily content for the purpose of increasing brand awareness
- Setting up and optimizing company pages for increasing the visibility of social content
- Collaborating with various departments (e.g. sales, customer relations, etc.) for managing reputation, coordinating actions, and identifying key players
- Collecting and analyzing appropriate social metrics/data, best practices, and insights
- Moderating all content generated by the users in accordance with each community’s moderation policy
- Creating syndication schedules as well as the editorial calendars
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism, or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Social Media Specialist
- Experience of working with MS Office and marketing software (e.g. CRM)
- Exceptional writing, editing (text, photo, video), and presentation skills
- Experience with social media analytics tools
- Sound knowledge of web development, web design, SEO, and CRO
- Proficiency in English
- Familiarity with all marketing channels
- Ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment
- Positive and customer-oriented attitude
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude