This SEO Specialist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Optimize website copy and landing pages for SEO/SEM purposes
- Perform keyword optimization as well as ongoing keyword discovery and expansion
- Research and implement SEO recommendations for content optimization
We are hiring a qualified SEO Specialist for contributing to our digital marketing efforts by managing all search engine optimization activities.
What does an SEO Specialist do?
An SEO Specialist manages all SEO operations (e.g. content strategy, keyword research, and link building) for increasing a company’s search rankings on various search engines.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a sound knowledge of all SEO practices along with the ability to simultaneously manage our SEM campaigns on all major search platforms (e.g. Google, Bing, Yahoo).
- Optimizing website copy and landing pages for SEO/SEM purposes
- Performing keyword optimization as well as ongoing keyword discovery and expansion
- Researching and implementing SEO recommendations for content optimization
- Managing campaign expenses, estimating costs, reconciling discrepancies, and monitoring budget
- Tracking, reporting, and analyzing PPC initiatives/campaigns as well as website analytics
- Executing tests, collecting and analyzing data/results, identifying trends/insights for the purpose of achieving maximum return on paid search efforts
- Recommending changes to the website’s layout, architecture, linking, content, and other similar factors for improving SEO positions of target keywords
- Working with marketing and editorial teams for optimizing content
- Collaborating with the development team for ensuring that SEO practices are implemented properly
- Researching and analyzing competitors’ advert links
- Developing and implementing effective link-building strategies
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, or a relevant field
- Prior experience as an SEO Specialist
- Proven experience in managing SEM and PPC campaigns on various search engines (e.g. Google, Bing, Yahoo)
- Experience with a content management system (e.g. WordPress)
- Experience with online analytics tools (e.g. NetInsight, Google Analytics, Omniture, WebTrends, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of digital marketing techniques (e.g. customer acquisition, performance marketing, and conversion)
- Experience with multivariate experiments and A/B testing
- Experience using bid management tools/technologies (e.g. Search Ignite, Click Equations, Kenshoo, Marin, etc.)
- Sound understating of search engine algorithms as well as ranking factors
- Familiarity with best SEO/SEM practices and the latest trends
- Proficiency in English
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills