This SEO Manager job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Develop and execute effective SEO strategies
- Manage and lead the SEO team
- Conduct keyword research for guiding the content team
We are hiring an SEO Manager for joining our team and contributing to our digital marketing efforts.
What does an SEO Manager do?
An SEO Manager coordinates all SEO efforts, such as onsite optimization, offsite optimization, and keyword research as well as paid search campaigns. An SEO Manager ensures that the web content of a company is search engine optimized for the purpose of increasing its web traffic and profitability.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have sound knowledge of current SEO techniques and best practices. You must also have exceptional perceptive and analytical skills.
- Developing and executing effective SEO strategies
- Managing and leading the SEO team
- Conducting a keyword research for guiding the content team
- Reviewing and fixing technical issues related to SEO
- Optimizing paid search copy, website content, and landing pages
- Directing and managing projects for off-site optimization, such as link building
- Collecting data and reporting on SEO aspects (e.g. traffic and rankings)
- Working with PPC and social media teams for the purpose of optimizing marketing campaigns
- Staying aware of the latest SEO and digital marketing techniques
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing, Mass Communication, or a relevant field
- Experience with online analytics tools (e.g. WebTrends, Google Analytics) and SEO tools (e.g. MOZ, Screaming Frog, Conductor)
- Sound knowledge of current SEO practices and SEO reporting procedures
- Sound knowledge of CSS/HTML
- Excellent numerical skills
- Proficiency in English
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude