The Sales team is considered as the backbone of an organization they work in. Have a free look inside to get an overview and relevant sales interview questions to shortlist the best among the mass.
Sales Interview Questions
Salespeople aim to meet sales quota, promote your products and services, and identify new sales opportunities. With the excellent communication skills and passion for meeting goals, salespeople thrive to grow the profitability of a company.
From field sales representatives, sales consultants, call agents, account managers, regional sales managers to sales executive, sales objectives are quite common.
While hiring salespeople, make sure you pick the candidates who have the following traits:
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Exceptional communication skills
- Good team player
- A drive to meet goals
For fresher, hire the candidates who understand your company’s vision, and services as well as products you sell. However, while looking for senior level sales positions, a contender with leadership qualities would be perfect for your company. If you are recruiting account managers, make sure you ask questions to test their negotiation skills.
Sales Interview Questions for All Levels
- Have you ever worked with Salesforce.com? Which other CRM software you are aware of?
- Mention the information you require before talking to a client.
- Tell me all that you know about market analysis.
- Explain the situation when you worked together with your team to close a deal. What was your role in it?
- Can you tell me some common difficulties you face in this role? How do you tackle such hurdles?
- Was there any situation when you were unable to reach a sales goal? Elaborate it. What have you learned from this experience?
- At what phase do you stop pursuing a customer?
- What is the more important: keeping clients satisfied or achieving quotas?
Sales Interview Questions for Entry-Levels
- Explain your experience in retail.
- If customers complained that they are unable to find a product in your store then how would you handle them?
- Are you aware of our products? Which product would you enjoy selling more and why?
- Was there any time when you managed to calm down an aggressive client?
- Are you flexible in working in different shifts?
- Can you tell me how you keep yourself motivated as this job can be repetitive?
- How would you answer the question that customer asked you when you do not know the answer?
Sales Interview Questions for Account Management Positions
- Explain how you would find new clients.
- Tell about the deal you closed that you are proud of and why?
- Can you give a brief idea regarding your previous experience of customer satisfaction and achieving revenue targets.
- How would you turn the clients around if they liked our product but say that it’s very expensive?
Sales Interview Questions for Senior Level Roles
- Can you tell me how you would approach a sales representative who is underperforming?
- Describe the way you handle conflicts within your team.
- Was there any time when your team could not manage to meet sales quotas? Elaborate it and also mention what have you learned from it.
- Explain your experience in forecasting sales. Mention some software tools that you use.