Hiring a sales account executive that meets all your organizational needs is not a breeze. Go through the sample interview questions listed below and assess the potential candidates for the right skill sets.
Sales Account Executive Interview Questions
Sales Account Executive is the professional who maintains a profitable relationship with company-clients by offering outstanding customer service. He has the responsibility to monitor sales data and achieve sales quotas.
Candidates for all the sales roles must possess a pleasing personality and sound communication skills. The Sales Account Executives frequently interact with key clients, therefore professionals with these skill sets become an asset. The ability of a candidate to lead a discussion will effectively demonstrate their personality and communication skills.
Qualifications To Look For:
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, business or marketing
Skills To Look For:
- Sound communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Client handling
Experience To Look For:
- Experienced in making sales
- Experience with using sales software
The following sales account executive interview questions will help you assess all the key skills that distinguish a perfect candidate for the role.
Operational and Situational questions
- How will you fix the problems of multiple clients at one time?
- What arguments will you make to convince potential clients to take our company under consideration?
- Do you believe social media is a great platform to spot prospective clients?
- How will you determine the right time to stop persuading a client who keeps on giving excuses not to buy a product/service?
- Have you ever used any CRM software? If yes, then which were the most helpful features according to you?
- Are you comfortable with cold calling?
- What will you do to make a demo presentation effective?
- Do you have any idea about the products/services we are into? What makes us different from the rest of our competitors?
- What will you do to increase the sales quotas for our company?
- Explain any incident when you failed to reach your sales quota? What was the reason and what did you learn from that incident?
- Recall a time when you completed a deal successfully and contributed to the company’s financial growth?
- Suppose a client rejects your proposal. What will be your response?
- Describe a situation when you closed a very complicated deal? What were the problems you faced and how did you handle them?
- Have you ever dealt with an angry and dissatisfied customer? How did you handle the situation?