This Product Marketing Manager job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Study the company’s products along with their user benefits
- Develop successful marketing plans and strategies
- Follow and analyze market trends to position the products
We are hiring a qualified Product Marketing Manager for managing our marketing activities.
What does a Product Marketing Manager do?
A Product Marketing Manager presents a company’s products to the target audience for boosting its sales and strengthening its brand. The ultimate goal is developing and implementing profitable plans for promoting a company’s products.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a sound knowledge of all marketing techniques including pricing strategies and email campaigns. In addition to that, you must also have a creative and strategic mindset.
- Studying the company’s products along with their user benefits
- Developing product marketing plans/strategies (e.g. product launching, pricing, advertising)
- Following and analyzing market trends for the purpose of positioning products
- Testing the features of marketing products, ad copy, and releases
- Evaluating projects based on feedback from existing as well as prospective customers and relevant KPIs
- Crafting compelling messages across various marketing channels (e.g. ad campaigns, landing pages)
- Working with various internal teams such as design, content, sales, acquisition, and product for implementing strategies
- Translating technical details into user benefits
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Brand Manager, Product Marketing Manager, or a similar role
- Background in copywriting and design is a huge plus
- Sound knowledge of marketing analysis procedures
- Familiarity with web analytics tools (e.g. WebTrends, Google Analytics)
- Sound knowledge of product marketing techniques, especially integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience working with MS Office and design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- A creative and strategic mindset
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude