This Personal Banker job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. The Personal Banker job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Help customers in opening and managing their bank accounts
- Provide financial guidance to customers and also resolve their potential issues so that they can benefit from all financial services
- Reach out to the target customers for selling our services
We are hiring a Personal Banker for assisting our customers through all aspects related to managing their finances and bank accounts.
What does a Personal Banker do?
Your responsibility would be to cross-sell our services and products to our clients and to build long-term relationships with them.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be an excellent communicator with a sound knowledge of all banking products and services. Customer service and sales experience is a plus. Most importantly, you must have strong problem-solving skills as well as an ethical and bold nature.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience in a similar role, preferably as a Personal Banker
- Experience in working with financial and banking software
- Experience in working with MS Office and database management software
- Customer-oriented attitude and the ability to handle customer problems
- Ability to achieve targets within tight deadlines
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Helping customers in the opening and managing their bank accounts
- Providing financial guidance to customers and also resolving their potential issues so that they can benefit from all financial services
- Reaching out to the target customers for selling our services
- Performing administrative tasks (e.g. entering customer’s financial data into banking software)
- Presenting financial services and products to existing as well as prospective customers
- Reaching out to potential customers for the purpose of generating new business
- Referring clients to in-house financial experts when needed