Penetration Testers are Security Researchers who simulate hacking exercises to fix UX/UI errors and decode old codes and loops in antivirus.
Spotlight the candidate’s understanding of basic hacking skills and application security tools with our contemporary penetration tester interview questions. Here we go.
Qualifications for Penetration Tester
- Advanced degrees in computer science, cyber security, or information technology
- Certifications from CPT, CRTOP, or LPT
Experience to look for
- Proficiency in concepts like OWASP and SANS
- Working knowledge of network security areas like Firewalls, IPS, VPN, and Gateway security solutions
- Solid understanding of Cloud/Network / Infrastructure Penetration testing
Evaluate the potential candidates on these lines
- Interact with clients in terms of scoping calls, security audits, and remediation calls to patch the issues
- Issue definition, creation of Proof-of-concept, and document the findings
- Automation of security test cases
- Design and interpret security standards and guides
Job-specific Questions for Penetration Tester
- Why is the Penetration Test so important? How often should you schedule a penetration test?
- Can you list down the 5 phases of Network Penetration?
- Please tell us about a recent pen test project you have done.
- Tell us what kind of penetration is done with the Diffie Hellman exchange
- What measures should you take for data protection during and after Penetration Testing?
- What factors cause security vulnerabilities? Give examples
- How are Vulnerability Scans, Risk Analysis, and Penetration Tests different from each other?
- Can you hire criminals for pen testing? Also, do you think former “black hats” are the best penetration testers?
- Our company stores all its data in the cloud. Do you think we still need a Penetration test?
- What certifications do you have to perform penetration testing?
How can Glider AI help you with Hiring a Penetration Tester?
Glider’s recruitment platform is built on the mission, of “competency over credentials”. This way, you can make the most of the hiring assessments through a structured and data-driven candidate-evaluation process.
Glider AI’s Unique Features
- Conversational Chatbot for Talent Screening
- Interactive, coding-enabled skill tests
- Powerful candidate analytics
Discover Hiring Resources for Penetration Testers
- Hiring a Penetration Tester
- Penetration Tester Job Description
- Penetration Tester Skills Test
- How to hire a Penetration Tester
Access 2,000 pre-built assessments covering over 500 skills with 250,000 questions, all validated by 2,000 SMEs including this for the Penetration Tester role.
Go ahead and spotlight your Penetration Tester with Glider AI today!
You can always write to us at email@example.com to help you access the hiring resources.