Network Engineers use various data-mining techniques to identify the network entity related to a problem or remove the network itself from risk. Also called Network Architects, their primary goal is to provide maximum network infrastructure, security, and performance to the end users.
This template contains the network engineer job description, requirements, and responsibilities that help you find that ‘whiz’ candidate for the job. You can modify them to fit your organization’s unique needs. Let’s explore ?️♂️
Network Engineer Job Description
We are hiring Network Engineers who can diagnose, and troubleshoot network issues.
Candidates must be well-versed in network infrastructure and hardware.
Certifications in CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE-ENT, CompTIA Network+, and WCNA are a major plus.
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degrees in information systems or network engineering (nice to have)
- Skills in network security, cyber security, and forensics
- Great passion for automation and optimization
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and cloud computing
- Versed in programming languages like Python, Perl, Bash, and Golang.
What a day in the life of a Network Engineer will look like?
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and support routers, firewalls, and switches (servers, load balancers, storage arrays, network attached storage, network equipment, and related peripherals will be managed by system engineering)
- Working knowledge of network equipment like Cisco routers, and switches
- Working knowledge of network protocols, technologies, services, and monitoring tools
- Manage vendor and/or product provisioning, procurement, and delivery of data services hardware, and software
- Resource for infrastructure projects for voice/data network design, development, and implementation
- Prioritize work based on business criticalities and also be flexible to work on ad hoc tasks as assigned by the manager
- Provide support for branch and home office Network systems including routers, switches, hubs, and Network maintenance and support equipment
- Interact with all data vendors to ensure adequate services, support, and maintenance
- Troubleshoot system failures, circuit failures, and configurations issues in a production environment
- Create and maintain documentation for the network infrastructure
How can Glider AI help you with Hiring a Network Engineer?
Glider’s recruitment platform is built on the mission, of “competency over credentials”. This way, you can make the most of the hiring assessments through a structured and data-driven candidate-evaluation process.
Glider AI’s Unique Features
- Conversational Chatbot for Talent Screening
- Interactive, coding-enabled skill tests
- Powerful candidate analytics
Discover Hiring Resources for Network Engineers
- Hiring a Network Engineer
- Network Engineer Interview Questions
- Network Engineer Skills Test
- How to hire a Network Engineer
Access 2,000 pre-built assessments covering over 500 skills with 250,000 questions, all validated by 2,000 SMEs including this for the Network Engineer role.
Go ahead and spotlight your Network Engineer with Glider AI today!
You can always write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you access the hiring resources.