Looking for an exceptional Key Account Manager for your company? Incorporate these essential interview question to your hiring process to get the right fit.
Key Account Manager Interview Questions
Key Account Manager is indeed a strategic role, and you need an experienced person for this position. These professionals are responsible for developing long-term relationships with strategic customers which require frequent interaction with the clients to meet their demands. Hence, Selecting the candidate that navigates client needs towards solutions would be wise hiring.
Qualification to look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
Skills to look for:
- roblem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledge of sales and market trends
- Organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
These Key Account Manager interview questions will help you screen the potential candidate from the large pool of applicants.
Operational and Situational questions
- What is your negotiation approach?
- How do you handle potential client?
- How will you deal with a situation where you end up losing on existing smaller client while closing the deal with a potential client?
- What tactics will you use to deal with customer complaints?
- Where will you turn to for new sales opportunities in our industry if you are required to enhance revenue by X% in a year?
- Mention some CRM software you are familiar with.
- How often and how do you prepare progress reports from your manager?
- What information will you need before contacting a new client for the first time?
- According to you, what are the main duties of a Key Account Manager?
- How will you build strong relationships with key clients?
- Describe your most successful (end-to-end) project so far.
- Have you ever made a mistake that cost you a customer?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years in your career?