This Junior Accountant job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Post and process journal entries so as to ensure that all transactions are properly recorded
- Assist in the processing of financial statements, income statements, and balance sheets
- Assist in the reviewing of records, expenses, payroll and other documentation
We are hiring a Junior Accountant for providing support to our company’s financial department by executing day-to-day accounting tasks.
What does a Junior Accountant do?
A Junior Accountant is responsible for maintaining transparency and order in a company’s finances. The ultimate goal is helping a company make sound business decisions by contributing to the efficient operation of its finance department and keeping it fully aware of its financial condition.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have sound knowledge of all accounting principles and experience in preparing financial reports and statements. In addition to that, you must also have a keen eye for details along with the ability to work with a bulk amount of data at a single time.
- Posting and processing journal entries so as to ensure that all transactions are properly recorded
- Assisting in the processing of financial statements, income statements, and balance sheets while also ensuring compliance with all legal regulations and the company’s accounting principles
- Assisting in the reviewing of records, expenses, payroll and other documentation
- Updating accounts payable and also performing reconciliations
- Updating accounts receivable and also issuing invoices
- Preparing and submitting weekly, monthly and annual reports
- Updating financial data in databases so as to ensure that the information is accurate and available whenever needed
- Assisting Senior Accountants with the preparation of monthly and yearly closings
- Assisting in other financial and accounting projects
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Relevant accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, CIMA or ACCA) is a plus
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as a Junior Accountant
- Experience working with accounting and business software (e.g. SAP) as well as MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of all financial and accounting principles as well as reporting procedures
- Sharp business acumen and excellent mathematical skills
- Strong communication and time-management skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude