iOS Developer Position Overview
In the ever-changing mobile landscape Apple’s iOS, which plays host to a large proportion of mobile users, remains at the forefront of the mobile development. iOS developers build advanced applications as per the client’s requirements. Look for experienced, talented and motivated engineers who have a passion for mobile technologies.
Qualifications to look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Understanding of programming languages, e.g., Swift and Objective-C
Skills to look for:
- Apple’s Xcode IDE
- Knowledge of Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- Understanding of frameworks and APIs like Foundation, UIKit, and CocoaTouch
- UI and UX design experience
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D graphics frameworks like SpriteKit and SceneKit
- Familiarity with iOS 10 and newer versions
A written assignment will assist you in evaluating whether the skills of the candidate matches your requirements or not. Also, look into the aspirant’s online activity by asking about the blogs they read, pages and people they follow on social media, and presence on Github or other similar platforms.
You can utilize these iOS Developer interview questions to analyze the competence of the potential candidates.
Job-specific interview questions
- How does atomic synthesized properties differ from the non-atomic ones?
- Describe managed object context and its functionality.
- Which iOS frameworks are you familiar with?
- Which interface do you prefer to create a user-friendly application?
- How would you define your own protocol?
- How do you troubleshoot a crashing application?
- What is the difference between Key-Value Observing and Key-Value Coding?
- Mention some security best practices you know.
- How does iOS support multi-threading?
- Explain MVC and how do you implement it on iOS platform?
Behavioral interview questions
- Name one application designed by you that you are most proud of.
- What is your area of expertise?
- Have you ever created new features to make an application run faster?
- Share a project where you worked together with designers and engineers. What was your role in it?