This Investment Banker job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. The Investment Banker job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Issue and sell securities for the purpose of raising capital
- Conduct research and valuations for executing finance deals
- Assess and recommend investment opportunities
We are hiring an Investment Banker to valuate companies and assist clients in raising capital.
What does an Investment Banker do?
Your responsibility would be to analyze and close finance deals as well as effectively underwrite them.
In order to succeed in this role, you should have exceptional quantitative and decision-making skills. Moreover, you must be an excellent communicator and familiar with all underwriting regulations and procedures.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- A valid license such as Series 7 & 66
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience in a similar role, preferably as an Underwriter or an Investment Banker
- Experience in working with financial and statistical software
- Experience with forecasting, valuation, and modeling
- Sound knowledge of current market trends and developments
- Familiarity with regulations covering securities and M&As
- Professionalism and strong work ethics
- Exceptional organizational skills and a keen eye for details
- Ability to perform under pressure (e.g. tight deadlines)
- Ability to take quick decisions while working independently
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Issuing and selling securities for raising capital
- Conducting research and valuations for executing finance deals
- Assessing and recommending investment opportunities
- Preparing forecasts, models, and reports
- Analyzing risks and also offering financial advice when needed
- Assisting with corporate restructuring
- Facilitating acquisitions and mergers
- Discovering and closing potential investors
- Managing private equity placements and IPOs