This Investment Analyst job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. The Investment Analyst job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Determine suitable investment strategies by examining and assessing all economic/market trends, financial statements, earnings prospects, and other indicators
- Analyze past investment decisions so as to target the areas for improvements
- Liaise with industry professionals and fund managers so as to take better decisions
We are hiring an Investment Analyst for helping us in making better investment decisions and report on prospective investment avenues by doing appropriate financial/market research.
What does an Investment Analyst do?
You will be indirectly participating in our portfolio management by providing the necessary information needed for making better investment decisions.
In order to succeed in this role, you must possess sound knowledge of all investment procedures including the concept of sustainable investment.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as an Investment Analyst
- Experience in working with financial, statistical, and investment analysis software
- Sound understanding of statistics, economics, investment procedures, and financial set-ups
- Exceptional qualitative and quantitative analysis skills as well as excellent numeric skills
- Strong communication skills and a keen eye for details
- Determining suitable investment strategies by examining and assessing all economic/market trends, financial statements, earnings prospects, and other indicators
- Analyzing past investment decisions so as to target the areas for improvements
- Liaising with industry professionals and fund managers so as to take better decisions
- Analyzing legal documents and developing complex financial models
- Compiling advisory reports as well as making recommendations on investment opportunities that could diversify or enhance portfolios
- Monitoring financial press and keeping track of investment products, market trends, risks, and new opportunities