This Insurance Broker job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. The Insurance Broker job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Develop effective strategies for selling insurance plans to prospective clients and for increasing sales to existing clients
- Cultivate trust with potential clients and also spot new opportunities by using cold calling, networking, etc.
- Discover plans in accordance with the client's requirements and also gauge the condition of their business
We are hiring a qualified Insurance Broker for participating in and promoting our business development activities.
What does an Insurance Broker do?
Your responsibility would be to find new customers and promote the sale of our insurance plans. Ultimately, you will be securing the company’s growth and revenues by forging long-term relationships with the clients.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have exceptional communication skills along with prior experience in a related field.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as an Insurance Broker
- Familiarity with various insurance plans, such as plans for vehicles, property, life, medical, etc.
- Sound knowledge of statistics and computers
- Ability to present plans to clients and also persuade them to buy
- Ability to deliver client-focused solutions so as to build long-term relations with them
- Valid license for practicing the profession
- Strong communication skills and a keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Developing effective strategies for selling insurance plans to prospective clients and for increasing sales to existing clients
- Cultivating trust with potential clients and also spotting new opportunities by using cold calling, networking, etc.
- Discovering plans in accordance with the client's requirements and also gauging the condition of their business
- Working in accordance with our policy requirements
- Following and staying up to date with market trends, products, and services
- Accomplishing the company’s predetermined goals by targeting prospective clients
- Supervising insurance claims for ensuring fair deals and clients satisfaction
- Maintaining and modifying bookkeeping systems, records, and database
- Regularly submitting progress reports to key stakeholders and other interested parties
- Introducing clients to risk management policies and guiding them to select suitable strategies