The below-given HR Generalist interview questions provide a snapshot of what type of questions to ask candidates in order to assess their skills and knowledge.
HR Generalist Interview Questions
The HR Generalist is responsible for working with senior HR Managers on a huge spectrum of responsibilities like recruiting, onboarding, maintaining employee records, performance tracking, benefits administration, preparing reports and more. Candidates for this job role should have a degree in Human Resource along with relevant experience. Additional certification and HR training are also preferred and exhibit a better knowledge and understanding of the field. By asking situational and open-ended questions you can know about candidates’ practical experience. Look for candidates with strong interpersonal skills and who can express their logic concisely and clearly. They will be able to tell about the HR issues, they have faced in their previous workplaces. They will be familiar with your company and will answer your questions confidently and clearly.
Operational and Situational questions
- How do you think your training and work experience will help you in this job role?
- What things do you keep in mind when drafting a new HR policy?
- How do you implement a new HR policy?
- Name the HR tools you use. Which software tool would you suggest for our company and why?
- What things do you keep in mind when putting together a benefits package?
- Define company culture. According to you what are most effective ways to nurture a positive company culture?
- Tell me about a time you worked on a challenging recruitment process. How did you go about it?
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake that resulted in regulatory issues. How did you handle it?
- Do you have experience of handling sexual harassment complaints? Tell me more about it.
- How do you stay upbeat and guarantee compliance with national regulatory laws?
- What do you have to say about 360-degree performance reviews?
- If you are asked to terminate an employee, what steps would you take?
- How do you handle conflict of interest at work?
- What do you know about our company? Why do you want to work with us?