This Front Desk Representative job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Keep the front desk presentable, tidy, and equipped with necessary materials (e.g. pens, paper, forms, etc.)
- Answer questions and address complaints
- Greet and welcome guests
We are hiring a Front Desk Representative for representing us to our visitors and undertaking all clerical/receptionist duties at our front desk.
What does a Front Desk Representative do?
A Front Desk Representative acts as a company’s face and is responsible for making a good first impression on the visitors. The ultimate goal is to make a company’s visitors and customers feel valued and comfortable on its premises.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be disciplined and perceptive with an easy-going, friendly, and customer-oriented personality. You must also have the ability to handle complaints and provide accurate solution/information in a timely manner.
- Keeping the front desk presentable, tidy, and equipped with necessary materials (e.g. pens, paper, forms, etc.)
- Answering questions and addressing complaints
- Greeting and welcoming guests
- Monitoring costs and office expenses
- Taking up other tasks as assigned (e.g. making schedules, travel arrangements, etc.)
- Monitoring office equipment supplies and also placing orders as needed
- Keeping files and records updated
- Preparing outgoing mail by securing parcels, drafting correspondence, etc.
- Checking, sorting, and forwarding emails
- Answering all calls and redirecting them or keeping messages
- Receiving letters/packages and distributing them to relevant personnel
- At least a High School Diploma; any additional qualification/certification is a plus
- Prior experience as a Front Desk Representative
- Experience with office equipment such as fax machine, printer, etc.
- Sound knowledge of bookkeeping as well as office management procedures
- Experience with MS Office, especially Word and Excel
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to quickly solve problems while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with proficiency in English
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills