This Collection Specialist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. The Collection Specialist job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Monitor accounts for identifying outstanding debts
- Investigate past data for debt and bills
- Find and contact debtors and also ask about their overdue debts
We are hiring a qualified Collection Specialist for contacting clients and collecting outstanding payments.
What does a Collection Specialist do?
Your responsibility would be ensuring timely payments from debtors while also maintaining trustful relationships. In order to succeed in this role, you must have exceptional negotiation and communication skills.
Secondly, you must be extremely professional and trustworthy. Most importantly, you must be able to able to work independently and take quick decisions.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as a Collection Specialist
- Experience working with database management software and MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of all debt collection laws (e.g. FDCPA)
- Sound knowledge of collection techniques (e.g. skip tracing) and billing procedures
- Ability to remain patient and manage the stress associated with this job
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Ability to work with multiple clients at a single time
- Ability to take quick decisions while working independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Monitoring accounts for identifying outstanding debts
- Investigating past data for collecting debt and bills
- Finding and contacting debtors and also asking for their overdue debts
- Taking suitable actions for encouraging timely debt payments
- Processing refunds and payments
- Resolving customer credit and billing issues
- Updating collection efforts and account status records
- Regularly reporting on accounts receivable status and collection activity