This Call Center Supervisor job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Assist in the setting of targets/goals for individuals as well as for teams
- Answer the queries of staff and provide guidance and timely feedback
- Hire and onboard new employees
We are hiring a Call Center Supervisor for joining us and supervising our call center team.
What does a Call Center Supervisor do?
A Call Center Supervisor organizes and directs the call center staff, assesses their performance, and provides feedback as needed. The ultimate goal is to ensure excellent team performance for promoting the growth of a company’s business.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have supervisory and customer service experience along with exceptional communication skills. In addition to that, you must be reliable, organized, and results-oriented with the ability to motivate and lead your team.
- Assisting in the setting of targets/goals for individuals as well as for teams
- Answering the queries of staff and providing guidance and timely feedback
- Hiring and onboarding new employees
- Reporting upper management on problems and issues
- Preparing performance reports on a monthly and annual basis
- Measuring performance using key metrics (e.g. calls waiting, call abandonment, etc.)
- Ensuring adherence to the company’s policies as well as established procedures for call attendance
- Anticipating escalation and taking over calls whenever needed
- Devising ways of optimizing procedures and keeping staff motivated
- At least a High School degree or diploma in a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Call Center Supervisor; customer service experience is a plus
- Experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Experience with telephone equipment as well as relevant computer software
- A tech-savvy individual with a results-oriented attitude
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills
- Ability to perform under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with proficiency in English
- Exceptional management and organizational skills