Are you looking for a Business Development Manager for your company who can line-up with your organization’s goals and requirements? Ask the following interview questions to identify a highly motivated Business Development Manager with excellent decision-making skills.
Business Development Manager Interview Questions
The key job responsibility of a Business Development Manager is to develop and nurture long-term customer relationships. These professionals also define long-term organizational strategic goals, identify business opportunities and to maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions. They usually work at senior sales positions to achieve the overall financial growth of the company.
To accomplish all their job responsibilities, Business Development Managers have to find new customers, convert them into clients, and continue to grow business and sales in the future.
Qualifications to look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management
- Candidates with MBA in a relevant field are preferred
Skills to look for
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Understanding of market dynamics
- Excellent sales skills
- Advanced knowledge of CRM software and MS-Office
Experience to look for
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience
Operational and Situational questions
- What is the role of a Business Development Manager in closing deals?
- What is important to you – the growth of the company or better customer relationships?
- In addition to cost-reduction, what strategies will you consider to boost the sales and revenues of your company?
- How will you make a client to change his decision from a no to a yes?
- What is your process to evaluate the most strategic deals to pursue?
- Why do you find business development an enjoyable and interesting job?
- Imagine our company has to sell a new product in the market. How will you influence the potential buyer to buy the product within 5 minutes?
- What have you learned from your previous experience?
- Tell me any three important factors that will help you in evaluating a deal?
- Have you ever worked on any CRM software, if yes then on which and how it helped in achieving various goals?
- How latest tools and technology will help you in a job?
- Have you ever had an issue with your boss regarding the business strategies? How was it resolved?
- What major challenges you have faced yet as a business manager? How did you handle them?
- How will you lead your team? Will you give an importance to your ideas only or consider the ideas of other mates also?
- Are you ready to work under pressure like dealing with different clients at one time?
- What you find the most difficult task in the selling a product?