When recruiting a Brand Ambassador for your company, use below given sample questions to evaluate a candidate’s marketing knowledge. You can also modify these questions according to the specific job responsibilities.
Brand Ambassador Interview Questions
A Brand Ambassador is the “face” of the brand. He assists the company in promoting its products or/and services through various online and offline channels. A Brand Ambassador assists in building a strong brand to generate new sales opportunities.
A Brand Ambassador plays a very important role, so look for highly proficient people with a flair for client interaction. Your Brand Ambassador should have excellent communication skills. He should be able to present your services/products in a positive way.
Look for candidates who have experience of using social media for business. Give interviewee hypothetical scenarios to check how they respond to clients’ queries and feedback, online and offline. The ideal candidate will reply accurately and gracefully. If the position involves travelling or working after hours, then make sure to ask the candidate about the same and know his thoughts.
Operational and Situational questions
- Say, we got a negative comment on our social media profile. What would you do- inform the marketing department or you will reply to the person on your own
- A consumer posts a negative experience with our brand on our public Facebook page. If what he is saying has actually happened, how would you reply
- Brand Ambassadors often get trolled on social media, how would you react to all the posts?
- Say, you are at a promotional event, what would you do to attract more visitors to the booth?
- What according to you will be your major responsibilities as a Brand Ambassador
- Are you aware of our services/products? What should we do to increase our reach to our target audience?
- Do you know who our competitors are? What according to you sets us apart and makes us a better choice?
- How would you define response rate on Facebook messages? What should one do to keep this rate high?
- What are the most effective word-of-mouth techniques?
- Have you ever scheduled an online social content? Name your personal favorite tools (Buffer and Hootsuite).
- What approach do you use to start a conversation with a group of strangers at a professional event?
- Tell me about your previous experience as a Brand Ambassador and what types of challenges you faced?
- Tell me about a time when you gave your team a feedback or a suggestion and how it helped the brand?
- Have you ever suggested new sales techniques or opportunities to increase the visibility and reach of the brand? How did you come up with such ideas?
- Do you review services/products online? Why or why not?