This Billing Specialist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. The Billing Specialist job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Receive and sort incoming payments efficiently and accurately
- Manage the status of balances and accounts, and also identify inconsistencies
- Issue and post bills, invoices and receipts
We are hiring a qualified Billing Specialist for undertaking various financial as well as non-financial duties so as to help in securing the revenues of our company.
What does a Billing Specialist do?
You will process incoming payments and will also issue necessary paperwork or documentation. In order to succeed in this role, you must have exceptional analytical skills with a keen eye for details. You must also have prior experience in a similar role.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as a Billing Specialist
- Experience with ER software (e.g. JDE)
- Experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of accounting processes as well as regulations
- Ability to process financial information
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Proficiency in English
- Results-driven and patient attitude
- Reliable and trustworthy personality
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Receiving and sorting incoming payments efficiently and accurately
- Managing the status of balances and accounts, and also identifying inconsistencies
- Issuing and posting bills, invoices and receipts
- Providing solutions to the problems faced by clients
- Writing thorough reports on the billing activity with accurate and clear data
- Checking the validity of clients’ debit accounts
- Updating the databases of accounts receivable with missed payments or new accounts
- Ensuring all clients stay informed on their deadlines and outstanding debts