Are you in search of an expert Administration Manager for your company? This ultimate snapshot of administration manager interview questions will help in gauging the skills of the contenders.
Considerations for Hiring an Administration Manager
Administration Managers are those who run business operations efficiently. These individuals monitor general and administrative expense, manage office supplies, and coordinates daily procedures.
For this profile, keep an eye out for candidates who have a BSc in Business Administration. Also, having professional certificates or office management experience would be an advantage.
Pay attention to those who are familiar with necessary procedures such as preparing regular reports, etc. Make sure to screen the candidates for soft skills too. Your ideal contenders will be those who can maintain efficient filing systems, organize their space and manage workload.
These individuals will also interact with external partners by email and phone. If this role requires training personnel, then include questions that reveal their management skills.
Browse through our administration manager interview questions and shortlist the best one for your company.
Operational and Situational Questions
- How would you explain the proper use of equipment to others?
- How would you prioritize your work, if different managers assigned you tasks at the same time?
- What details would you need from each manager while preparing a report with annual expenses by the department?
- How would you inform employees about a modification in the regular administrative process?
- Name the software programs that you use regularly.
- What kinds of spreadsheets do you build in Excel?
- Describe your experience with calendar administration. Also, name the particular applications that you use.
- How do you maintain the record of office resources?
- Do you have experience in training employees?
- Can you tell me the ways by which you have improved efficiency at work?
- How do you keep yourself motivated while doing repetitive tasks?
- Describe a time when you resolved a dispute between colleagues.
- Was there a time when you lost a digital or physical file at work? What did you do?
- How do you manage to remain calm as well as productive while dealing with different projects at the same time?