Staffing Specialist Job Description
This Staffing Specialist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Staffing Specialist:
- Organize and attend recruitment events and job fairs
- Coordinate with Hiring Managers for identifying current as well as future staffing needs
- Advertise jobs across various channels (e.g. social platforms, job boards and careers pages)
We are hiring a qualified Staffing Specialist for managing the current as well as future hiring needs of our company.
What does a Staffing Specialist do?
A Staffing Specialist advertises job openings on various channels, attends job fairs/events and coordinates interviews both in-person and on phone. The ultimate goal is to nurture a productive and healthy work environment by ensuring recruitment and retention of high-potential employees.
In order to succeed in this position, you must be passionate about management of recruiting processes, from attracting applicants to onboarding new hires. In addition to that, you must have a solid background in HR and prior experience in a similar senior role.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Organizing and attending recruitment events and job fairs
- Coordinating with Hiring Managers for identifying current as well as future staffing needs
- Advertising jobs across various channels (e.g. social platforms, job boards and careers pages)
- Ensuring proper onboarding of new hires
- Liaising with alumni associations
- Designing procedures for all hiring stages, including interview evaluations and assessments
- Preparing annual, quarterly and monthly reports on recruiting status
- Conducting screening of candidates before final appointment (e.g. performing background checks and getting references)
- Managing candidates’ information in our Applicant Tracking System (e.g. contact details and resumes)
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Staffing Specialist
- Experience with resume databases and Applicant Tracking System
- Sound knowledge of all labor laws
- Experience of interviewing and evaluation of candidates (e.g. phone/Skype interviews, screening tests etc.)
- Experience of maintaining digital and physical records of employees’ information
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills