Job Coach Job Description
This Job Coach job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Job Coach:
- Develop effective plans for employment as well as for job coaching
- Communicate with clients for the purpose of understanding their objectives and goals
- Help clients in discovering and overcoming their problems/personal barriers against set goals
We are hiring a qualified Job Coach for helping people improve their skills and enhance their personal strengths.
What does a Job Coach do?
A Job Coach works with various people in a company for helping them achieve their goals. A Job Coach guides professionals for their career development and assists disabled people with various functional tasks. The ultimate goal is to act as a mentor and support the personnel of a company.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have excellent communication and critical thinking skills along with the ability to discover strengths/weaknesses of people and guide them accordingly.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Developing effective plans for employment as well as for job coaching
- Communicating with clients for the purpose of understanding their objectives and goals
- Helping clients in discovering and overcoming their problems/personal barriers against set goals
- Keeping documentation/records and also preparing appropriate reports
- Monitoring and evaluating the clients’ progress
- Advising on workplace environment for accommodating the disabled people
- Assisting the disabled people in developing job skills as well as social life skills
- Providing coaching to enhance job searching techniques
- Helping clients in developing skills and motivation
- Guiding clients through the learning process needed for completing their job tasks
- Assessing the individuals’ strengths/weaknesses and also providing guidance accordingly
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Social Studies, Psychology, Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Job Coach
- Experience of working with disabled people is a huge plus
- Prior experience of developing effective employment plans
- Sound knowledge of employment standards and regulations of various jobs
- Experience working MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to motivate and inspire people
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving and organizational skills