Headhunter Job Description
This Headhunter job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Headhunter:
- Coordinate with recruiting team and Hiring Managers for defining the requirements for vacant roles
- Send job offers and recruiting emails to prospective and qualified candidates
- Browse portfolio sites and resume databases
We are hiring a talented Headhunter for joining our HR department and helping us fill the open positions in our company with qualified individuals.
What does a Headhunter do?
A Headhunter defines hiring criteria, sources potential candidates using social media platforms and reaches out to them via phone or email. The ultimate goal is to timely place the qualified candidates and build strong talent pipelines for a company’s current as well as future staffing needs
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a sound knowledge of online/offline sourcing methods (e.g. searching resume databases for potential candidates, networking at job fairs and career events). In addition to that, you must also have exceptional communication skills needed for interacting with internal teams and candidates.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Coordinating with recruiting team and Hiring Managers for defining the requirements for vacant roles
- Sending job offers and recruiting emails to prospective and qualified candidates
- Browsing portfolio sites and resume databases
- Researching and recommending new sourcing techniques and tools
- Measuring time-to-fill and source-of-hire for each open role
- Conducting benchmark analyses on compensation and benefits plans for different roles as well as seniority levels
- Using Boolean search for finding qualified candidates so as to fill important roles
- Staying in contact with past candidates
- Organizing career events and attending job fairs for sourcing potential candidates
- Maintaining candidates’ data using organized databases (e.g. using ATS)
- Asking for referrals from industry professionals, current employees and acquaintances
- Advertising open positions on various platforms and external networks
- Joining professional forums and social media groups for interacting with prospective candidates
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Headhunter
- Experience with effective sourcing techniques (e.g. Boolean search)
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and HR databases
- Sound knowledge of all sourcing tools/techniques (e.g. portfolio sites, resume databases)
- Exceptional negotiation, persuasion and communication skills, especially when sending recruiting mails and making cold calls
- Ability to multi-task and manage various open roles at the same time
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to make sound decisions while working in a fast-paced environment