Field Service Technician Job Description
This Field Service Technician job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Field Service Technician:
- Provide customer support and technical services during the field visits
- Diagnose technical problems/errors and also determine proper solutions
- Manage on-site activities such as installation, inspection, maintenance and repair tasks
We are hiring a qualified Field Service Technician for joining our team and delivering excellent on-site customer service.
What does a Field Service Technician do?
A Field Service Technician provides technical services during on-site visits and manages all installation, inspection, maintenance and repair tasks. The ultimate goal is ensuring customer satisfaction, maximizing retention and increasing profitability.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Providing customer support and technical services during the field visits
- Diagnosing technical problems/errors and also determining proper solutions
- Managing on-site activities such as installation, inspection, maintenance and repair tasks
- Comprehending the requirements of customers and making appropriate briefings or recommendations
- Building long-term relations with customers
- Producing comprehensive service reports on a regular basis
- Documenting all processes and scheduling the workflow
- Collaborating with company’s technical team by sharing information throughout the organization
- Operating field automation systems and vehicles/equipment in a safe manner
- Following company’s procedures, regulations, and protocols
- At least a High School degree or a Technical diploma in a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Field Service Technician
- Experience with troubleshooting, testing, repairing and servicing technical equipment
- Experience with field automation systems, remote applications and mobile tools
- Ability to work in changing work schedules and flexible shifts
- Strong communication skills with English literacy
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills