Dispatcher Job Description
This Dispatcher job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Dispatcher:
- Receive and prioritize calls based on their importance and urgency
- Address requests and problems by providing solutions or by transmitting information to other parties
- Receive and dispatch orders for deliveries or products
We are hiring a Dispatcher for acting as the main communication link for emergency as well as non-emergency calls.
What does a Dispatcher do?
A Dispatcher receives requests, transmits messages and tracks vehicles. The ultimate goal is ensuring timely and accurate transmission of information so as to enable various parties to effectively communicate with each other.
To succeed in this role, you must have exceptional communications skills with the ability to remain composed and calm in emergencies. In addition to that, you must have the ability to act with minimal supervision and execute various tasks at the same time.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Receiving and prioritizing calls on the basis of their importance and urgency
- Addressing requests and problems by providing solutions or by transmitting information to other parties
- Receiving and dispatching orders for deliveries or products
- Responding to emergency/non-emergency calls and also recording significant information
- Entering data into computers and also maintaining records/logs of activities, calls and other similar information
- Providing information about traffic, orders, requirements, and obstacles to the field units
- Using radio, phone and computer for sending information to various units
- Monitoring the route as well as the status of field units for coordinating and prioritizing their schedule
- At least a High School diploma
- Prior experience as a Dispatcher
- Tech-savvy personality with sound knowledge of relevant technologies such as CAD
- Sound knowledge of all guidelines and procedures to tackle emergencies
- Fast typing along with data entry experience
- Proficiency in English
- Active listener, critical thinker with sound judgment qualities
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills