Contract Administrator Job Description
This Contract Administrator job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Contract Administrator:
- Prepare sales, purchase and partnership contracts
- Review and update existing contracts
- Negotiate the terms of contract with internal as well as external partners
We are hiring a Contract Administrator for joining our team.
What does a Contract Administrator do?
A Contract Administrator prepares, negotiates and reviews a company’s contracts including business partnerships, sales, and purchases. The ultimate goal is ensuring a company’s contracts meet its long-term goals and comply with all legislative requirements.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have an extensive experience in managing contracts and analyzing them with the aim of increasing profits and reducing costs while also ensuring compliance with legislation. In addition to that, you must possess a keen eye for details with the ability to identify potential risks/threats for our organization.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Preparing sales, purchase and partnership contracts
- Reviewing and updating existing contracts
- Negotiating the terms of contract with internal as well as external partners
- Maintaining an organized system of digital as well as physical records
- Ensure all contract conditions and deadlines are met (e.g. shipping and payments)
- Creating language standards for new as well as existing contracts
- Staying aware of changes in legislation and coordinating with legal departments as needed
- Analyzing potential risks and threats associated with contract terms
- Explaining terms and conditions to interested parties and managers
- Ensuring that the employees of the company have a sound understanding of their contracts and also comply with them
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Contract Management, Business Administration or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Contract Manager, Contract Administrator or a similar role
- Sound knowledge of accounting procedures
- Ability to collaborate with individuals from varying seniority levels (e.g. external partners, managers, and staff)
- A keen eye for details with the ability to identify various errors
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong verbal as well as oral communication skills