Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Description
This Accounts Receivable Clerk job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Accounts Receivable Clerk:
- Prepare bank deposits, bills, and invoices
- Perform daily financial transactions (e.g. verify, classify, compute, post and record accounts receivable data)
- Process incoming payments and accounts in compliance with the established procedures and financial policies
We are hiring a qualified Accounts Receivable Clerk for providing financial, clerical and administrative services.
What does an Accounts Receivable Clerk do?
An Accounts Receivable Clerk processes and monitors incoming payments; secures revenue by verifying, posting and recording receipts; and ensures efficiency and accuracy in a company’s financial operations.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have prior experience in accounting and a sound knowledge of all accounting processes. So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Preparing bank deposits, bills, and invoices
- Performing daily financial transactions (e.g. verification, classification and computation of accounts receivable data)
- Processing incoming payments and accounts in compliance with the established procedures as well as financial policies
- Facilitating payment of outstanding dues by contacting clients and sending bill reminders
- Generating financial reports and statements showing accounts receivable status
- Reconciling the accounts receivable ledger for ensuring that all payments have been accounted for as well as properly posted
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies as well as clients’ billing issues
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience as an Accountant, Accounts Receivable Clerk or a similar role
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. JDE, QuickBooks, ER software, etc.) and spreadsheets
- Experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of collection regulations, credit practices, and accounting principles
- Ability to process, post, manage and verify financial records as well as accounting figures
- A knack for numbers along with excellent data entry skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and customer service skills
- A keen eye for details along with high degree of accuracy
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude