This Talent Sourcer job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Source potential candidates using professional networks and social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Github and Slack etc.)
- Craft, send and follow up on recruiting emails
- Coordinate with the team of Hiring Managers for determining the requirements for each open position
We are hiring a qualified Talent Sourcer for joining our HR department and managing the initial stages of our recruiting process.
What does a Talent Sourcer do?
A Talent Sourcer uses various channels for sourcing potential candidates, builds talent pipelines to satisfy future staffing needs and also contacts passive candidates. The ultimate goal is to identify the hiring needs of a company and fill it with high-potential employees.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have a sound knowledge of various sourcing techniques and the requirements for each role along with excellent networking skills.
- Sourcing potential candidates using professional networks and social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Github and Slack etc.)
- Crafting, sending and following up on recruiting emails
- Coordinating with the team of Hiring Managers for determining the requirements for each open position
- Identifying the profiles of qualified candidates using sourcing methods (e.g. Boolean searches)
- Maintaining candidate databases via Applicant Tracking System
- Communicating with past candidates/applicants for informing about new opportunities
- Asking for referrals from external networks and current employees
- Promoting our company’s employer brand offline and online
- Measuring conversion rates (e.g. number of applicants, interviewees and hires)
- Developing talent pipelines so as to satisfy the future staffing needs of the company
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Talent Sourcer
- Experience with HRMS and MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Sound knowledge of all sourcing methods (e.g. Boolean searches, recruiting via social platforms etc.)
- Experience with resume databases and ATS
- Experience with Candidate Management Systems
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively present our organization and the job openings to the potential candidates