This Senior Financial Analyst job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. The Senior Financial Analyst job description, its requirements, and responsibilities, given in this template can be modified according to the specific need of your company.
- Develop financial models using process analysis and benchmarking
- Forecast annual, quarterly, and monthly profits
We are hiring a Senior Financial Analyst for forecasting our expenditures and revenues and for advising us on budgeting.
What does a Senior Financial Analyst do?
You will be responsible for setting the company’s financial policies and for exploring investment options. Your ultimate goal would be to ensure that the company’s financial planning remains profitable and healthy as well as aligned with the business objectives.
The ideal candidate for this role must have a degree in Accounting (CFA certification is a plus) or Finance in addition to relevant experience in a senior role. In order to succeed in this job, you must have sound knowledge of cost accounting processes and forecasting models.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CFA)
- Prior experience in a senior relevant role, preferably as Senior Financial Analyst
- Experience in working with financial as well as statistical software
- Experience in working with MS Excel for advanced purposes
- Sound knowledge of financial databases and database management software
- Sound knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning systems
- Ability to explain financial data by using comprehensive charts and reports
- Exceptional strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Confidentiality to handle company’s sensitive financial information
- Strong communication skills and a keen eye for details
- Ability to take quick decisions while working independently
- Developing financial models using process analysis and benchmarking
- Forecasting annual, quarterly, and monthly profits
- Preparing cost projections
- Establishing financial policies in accordance with the company’s vision
- Reviewing accounting transactions for ensuring data accuracy
- Participating in budgeting for departments as well as projects
- Comparing anticipated results with the actual results and also identifying improvement areas
- Coordinating with the executive team and the CFO for long-term planning of the company’s finances
- Exploring investment options and presenting risk/opportunities to the executive board
- Conducting thorough research of past financial data for the purpose of making better decisions in the future
- Analyzing and reporting on current financial status to the senior management
- Maintaining confidentiality of investment decisions and financial information