This Search Engine Marketing Specialist job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages to recruit candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
- Manage expenses for SEM campaigns, estimate monthly budgets, reconcile discrepancies and keep all operations within budget
- Track, analyze, and report pay-per-click initiatives/campaigns as well as website analytics
- Collect and analyze data, identify trends, and execute tests for maximizing the ROI of paid search efforts
We are hiring a qualified Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Specialist for managing all of our organic and paid online marketing activities (e.g. pay-per-click marketing).
What does a Search Engine Marketing Specialist do?
Search Engine Marketing Specialist manages paid and unpaid search campaigns on various search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. An SEM Specialist maximizes ROI and drives traffic/clients by working with Marketing and SEO team.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have the ability to effectively manage all search engine marketing activities as well as the budget allocated to them.
- Managing expenses for SEM campaigns, estimating monthly budgets, reconciling discrepancies, and keeping all operations within budget
- Tracking, analyzing, and reporting pay-per-click initiatives/campaigns as well as website analytics
- Collecting and analyzing data, identifying trends, and executing tests for maximizing the ROI of paid search efforts
- Researching as well as analyzing competitors’ advertising links
- Performing regular keyword discovery and optimization
- Optimizing landing pages by paid SEM campaigns on a regular basis
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Search Engine Marketing Specialist
- Proven past experience in managing successful PPC campaigns on various search engines
- Experience of working with online analytics tools, especially Google Analytics, Omniture, WebTrends and NetInsight
- Sound knowledge of bid management tools, such as Click Equations, Search Ignite, Marin and Kenshoo
- Sound knowledge of the latest SEM practices
- Familiarity with customer acquisition, performance marketing, and conversion
- Familiarity with multivariate experiments and A/B testing
- Ability to generate SEM reports
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind