If you're looking to hire a recruitment manager for your company, the following interview questions should help you assess the skills and abilities of candidates.
Recruitment Manager Interview Questions
Recruitment Managers oversee complete recruitment process. They use effective methods to source, evaluate and hire candidates. During interviews, learn more about candidates’ experience with recruiting methods, like social media sourcing, assessments and different interview formats (like online and phone interviews). Candidates should also be familiar with labor legislation. Candidates should have good decision-making and analytical skills to understand and act on important recruitment metrics, like time to hire and cost per hire.
- Tell me about a time when you cut down on cost-per-hire. How did you reach that decision?
- How do you deal with choosy clients who keep rejecting all candidates?
- What is the best way to attract diverse talent?
- How do you stay updated with changes in labor regulations?
- When do you think group interviews are helpful?
- What questions do you ask during a telephonic call to assess candidates’?
- Name the social media networks that you use to boost your employer brand? What are the key things to create an attractive career page on social media?
- Name the major recruiting KPIs that you track.
- How do you avoid biases when hiring?
Operational and Situational questions
- We are considering buying an Applicant Tracking System to organize our hiring. Based on our company size and annual hiring needs, which platform would you suggest?
- If a new hire rejects your job offer, before a day of their joining? What would you do?
- How would you respond to a client who wants to fill a position in 7 days?
- Which Boolean search string would you use to source candidates for Y position?
- How would you approach a recruitment manager who doesn’t give priority to recruiting?